At the January Meeting, the Board of Trustees voted to adopt Mishkan HaNefesh as our new High Holiday Prayer Book. The cost of the new prayer book is $42 per set when ordered through Temple Sinai (price includes shipping). Also, please consider donating a set to Temple in honor or in memory of someone.
CLICK HERE to place your order online. Once logged in, click the Event Sign-Up button and follow the instructions on the screen.
Rather order by mail? Send your check payable to Temple Sinai to the Temple Office.
*** Please note that the Temple will only have copies for out of town guests who may not be aware of our change to Mishkan HaNefesh. Temple members are expected to have purchased copies for their own use prior to the High Holidays. ***
Registration is now open for Temple Sinai's Religious School for 2016-2017. All students must be registered online through ChaverWeb. There is a $50 registration fee per student that must be paid at the time of registration via credit/debit card. This fee covers books and materials for the entire school year.
The first day of school is Thursday, September 15 beginning at 4:00pm.
Please contact the Temple Office for ChaverWeb login assistance.
September is National Preparedness Month, and the American Red Cross is reminding donors of the importance of having a readily available blood supply for patients in need.
The recent flooding in Lousiana has resulting in the cancellation of numerous blood drives, stressing the already limited supplies of critically needed blood products, and the upcoming Labor Day holiday is a time that routinely increases the need for blood.
- The Red Cross urges blood donors of all blood types to give blood during National Preparedness Month to ensure a readily available blood supply for patients in need.
- Your help is especially needed around the Labor Day holiday. Give blood at Temple Sinai on September 2.
- You will receive a Red Cross duffle bag, while supplies last.
- You will also be eligible to receive a $5 gift card to Amazon.com.
- Save time by using RapidPass to complete your pre-donation reading and health history online before you come to your appointment. Learn more at redcrossblood.org/RapidPass.
- For detailed donor eligibility questions, please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org.
CAN HELP US SPREAD THE WORD?
- Please post one of the messages below to social media:
- Help save lives w/ #RedCross. Give blood on Sept. 2nd from 9:30a- 2:30p TEMPLE SINAI: www.redcrossblood.org
- Make an appointment to give blood by downloading the Blood Donor App at 3cu.be/blood, visiting www.redcrossblood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS, or email the Temple Office.
Blue Jeans & BBQ Picnic
September 9th | 6:00pm
Come one, come all to this event that is filled with fun for the whole family.
*** Wear your favorite ***
Blue Jeans and Bandana
Main dish, BBQ Chicken, will be provided.
Families with Last Name
- A ~ L : Please bring a salad (garden, coleslaw, potato, pasta)
- M ~ Z : Please bring a dessert
A Special Multi-Generational Activity will be lead by Saragail Benjamin
A Family Shabbat service will follow the picnic and activity.