After too long a hiatus the Chaverim Committee (AKA-Caring Committee) is back in action with Deb Leopold and Amy Collins as co-chairs. They are excited to be heading up this very necessary committee for our Temple community. If you enjoy helping friends in times of need, please consider joining our “non-committee” committee–no regular meetings, just the warm, fuzzy feeling you get from helping others. Email us if you are interested.
We are working on a number of initiatives…
- Card Team–sends birthdays cards monthly, get well and condolence cards as needed and we are always looking for helping hands for this.
- Providing rides for members to Temple services/events.
- Meals for members during difficult times.
- Visits to home-bound members.
- Comfort Shawls (please get out your knitting needles)
- The third Friday of each month is designated Birthday Shabbat. Chaverim provides a birthday cake, but we aren’t able to host the entire oneg each month. So, feel free to host one of the birthday onegs.
Coming soon– Salsa Dancing. We are hoping to have a Salsa dance event sometime in June. More details to follow as things develop.